Precautions and Warnings With Quinine
Who Should Not Take Quinine?You should not take quinine if you:
- Are allergic to Qualaquin, quinine, mefloquine, quinidine, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a heart problem known as a prolonged QT interval or long QT syndrome.
- Have a condition known as glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- Have an autoimmune disease called myasthenia gravis.
- Currently have optic neuritis.