Malaria Home > Malarone Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Malarone side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there (hallucinations)
- Increased sensitivity to the sun, or easy burning in the sun
- Inflammation, redness, swelling, or bleeding of the mouth, including the cheeks, tongue, gums, and lips
- A skin rash that is red, blistering, or peeling
- Red spots on your skin
- Signs of anemia or other blood cell problems, including:
- Fatigue or extreme weakness or tiredness
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- High fever, aches, and pains, which may be signs of an infection
- Signs of liver problems or liver failure, including:
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the upper part of the stomach
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- General feelings of discomfort
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the Malarone side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Malarone or if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.