Malaria Home > Lariam
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Heart disease, such as congestive heart failure
- Heart rhythm problems, including atrial fibrillation (afib), QT prolongation, or history of an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Ever had a seizure
- Blood clotting problems, or take "blood-thinning" medications (anticoagulants)
- Any mental health problem, such as depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, or schizophrenia
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Lariam and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Lariam and Breastfeeding).