Malaria Home > Coartem
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Heart disease, such as congestive heart failure or a family history of heart problems
- Heart rhythm problems, including atrial fibrillation (afib), QT prolongation, or a history of an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Low blood electrolytes, such as low blood potassium (hypokalemia) or magnesium (hypomagnesemia)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Coartem and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Coartem and Breastfeeding).