Coartem Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Coartem side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (heart palpitations)
- Swelling around your eyes, lips, hands, or feet
- Signs of anemia, such as:
- Fatigue or extreme weakness or tiredness
- A fast or uneven heartbeat
- Dizziness or fainting
- Difficulty concentrating
- Signs of liver problems, such as:
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the upper part of the abdomen (stomach)
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Coartem or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.